SKU Technologies RFID based Library Management Solution is specially designed to meet the challenging requirements of colleges/institutions that maintain libraries & also public libraries which contain highly valuable books –both in terms of quality & cost. The book-keeping techniques that involve painstaking manual input are prone to human error and highly incapable to meet challenges such as finding misplaced books, performing an inventory count, curbing theft etc.
Our Library Management Solution makes it easier for libraries to take a stock of the situation by using a highly superior RFID technology for automatic identification and data-capture. All books are RFID tagged and related information is stored in the chip. Highly capable RFID readers are placed at strategic location especially at the entrance/exit gate that automatically read the book’s tag and this record is stored in the database.
Usage of RFID in Library Management System:
The RFID tag’s Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) capability is extraordinarily secure and efficient. The RFID readers alert the staff through an alarm if the tag affixed to book if it’s not authorized. Tagging library assets with our solution can help you track, impose a late penalty, detect theft, check and manage stock, control access to restricted area.
Features & Benefits:
- Reduce time spent on searching books by locating them instantly.
- Detect illegal removal of books.
- Better management of inventory because of less handling by staff.
- Reduced stress to staff as they are free from doing repetitive and laborious tasks.
- The better alternative to barcodes as RFID last longer.
- Reduce staff overhead costs by minimizing human involvement.